Creamy, spicy, and full of rich Thai flavours, this Thai Panang soup over rice will win you over and become a trusty staple for dinner guests. One of the fastest soup recipes you can make!
Skill level: Easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Keeps: 2 days
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1-2 tbs panang curry paste (1 tbs for mild, 2 tbs for medium)
- 400g can coconut milk (Thai Kitchen unsweetened, preservative-free works best)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, deribbed and chopped super fine
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbs agave
- 9g (1 scoop) Zingology Carrot Powder
- 350g (1 lb) chicken breast, sliced super thin
- 1 each: red, orange, and yellow bell pepper, deribbed and thinly sliced
- 200g (70z) uncooked jasmine or basmati rice
- In medium-sized soup pot, heat coconut oil and curry paste on medium-low heat. Stir 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 can of coconut milk to pot and cook for 3-4 minutes till bubbly and red.
- Stir in rest of coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, agave, and whisk in carrot powder.
- Add chicken and simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Pour in sliced bell peppers and simmer covered another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice.