Smoothies are a fantastic way to get your 7 a day, it’s also a great way to sneak fruit and veg into meal times for those a little more reluctant to eat them as part of their daily meal time. Children love blending fruit and veg and if you still have difficulty convincing them to drink the smoothie, why not try freezing them into smoothie lollies!
Sally’s Basic Smoothie
(Use single or any combination of strawberry, raspberry or carrot powders to taste)
- 200ml probiotics natural yoghurt
- Up to 50-100ml milk/water/apple juice (depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 tsp (one scoop) Zingology fruit powder
- ½ large banana or 1 small banana
Power Fruit Smoothie
– use any fruit powder you like
Blend together ½ banana, 2 tsp Zingology fruit powder (one scoop), 4 tbsp probiotic natural yoghurt, ½ tbsp. ground linseeds / ½ avocado and splash of apple juice. Thin with water if necessary.
Power Vegetable Smoothie
– as above but use carrot powder
Try adding a little spinach / cucumber / celery for a green smoothie.
Coconut milk smoothie
- 1 large banana (frozen)
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp (1 scoop) strawberry powder
You can use natural Greek yoghurt to make it more creamy and use a mix of different ground seeds to make more nutritious (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, hemp with the linseed).